book review / the paris widow by kimberly belle

The Paris WidowThe Paris Widow by Kimberly Belle
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I really liked so much about this book but the ending was over the top and not to my appeal. I loved the Paris background, setting, language bits ... it was so atmospheric and for that it was wonderful; the author clearly researched so much about the French culture. We have Stella and Adam who are finishing up a trip away from the states when Adam goes back to the hotel for a pair of sunglasses and there is an explosion - he goes missing and then the story takes off. It very much felt like a film as the reader is madly dashed all over Paris and yonder in Stella's pursuit of finding out where Adam is and then learning more about her husband that she had known. The cover is stunning and the setting def supports the allure of the suspense but it went abit too epic movie-scale for me to keep it all in check.

View all my reviews

Comments