book review / insomnia by sarah pin borough

InsomniaInsomnia by Sarah Pinborough
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book wore me out! It teeters between 2 and 3 stars for me. I was truly taken in by this story - Emma can't sleep - has horrid insomnia and as if that isn't enough to deal with on the daily, she's facing her upcoming fortieth birthday with panic due to some childhood PTSD. This thriller/suspense had a lot of promise and it certainly had a good level of creepy! Emma is a lawyer on the fast track while her husband is the STAD. No one is likeable in this book and the reveal to make-it-all-make-sense was abit of a lazy reach. I hear this will be a TV series in the near future - don't know if I can sit through it but probably will. The pacing reminded me so much of THE LAST THING HE TOLD ME - I kept being reminded of that TV series while reading this. The little bits of reveal. The mysterious parts. The little bits of reveal. And so on.

View all my reviews

Comments