book review - A Feather on the Breath of God by Sigrid Nunez

A Feather on the Breath of GodA Feather on the Breath of God by Sigrid Nunez
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Stunning. I've been inspired to read more immigrant stories as of late and this didn't disappoint until the ending ... the last chapter or so was a complete disjoint for me but it didn't ruin the 5 stars. Auto fiction at it's best! Our narrative shares about her parents in the first 2 chapters - father and then the mother, both immigrants to the US and the main content is dated to the 50s and 60s NYC. She then tells of the ballet and her thoughts on that, the regime of it and touches on herself, the daughter/narrative but I did want so much more of them - less of the newly introduced immigrant, Vadim, at the end but I assume he was included to round out the immigrant story narrative. Such a captivating read.

View all my reviews

Comments