Book Review / The House in the Pines by Ana Reyes

The House in the PinesThe House in the Pines by Ana Reyes
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Well. Where do I begin? This was a good suspense read but I wouldn't say it's thriller all-the-way. Def gets creepy at the end - clever plot but the story is quite drawn out until that happens. I liked it and would read another book by this author in the future but it was a bit of a letdown as I thought it would be much better. This is about Maya; she's living with her fiance (he seems to be a dolt) and leaves to go back to her hometown to deal with a drug withdrawl and stay with her mother. None of the characters were that interesting for me.

Maya thinks this creepy guy Frank is connected to her friend's death as well as a recent unexplained death. He's def creepy but the whole storyline falls on this theory and it's just a maze of that twist.

View all my reviews

Comments