#bookreview The Family Remains by Lisa Jewell

The Family Remains (The Family Upstairs, #2)The Family Remains by Lisa Jewell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Didn't realize this was book 2 of a series but it stood alone fine IMO. Parts of the first book were explained and I don't feel I need to go back and read book 1.

THE FAMILY REMAINS is a pageturner! It's about 2 families and an old house. Creepy, disturbing, and sinister sums up the backstory and the characters in this book, Henry and his sister, Lucy / Rachel and Michael, to name the main ones ... they each are deep characters with baggage, issues, and creases to fold out in order to go forward in their lives. I thought it would be confusing with several characters and the story going from UK to Chicago to France but it flowed very well. Highly recommend!

View all my reviews

Comments