#bookreview One of the Girls by Lucy Clarke

One of the GirlsOne of the Girls by Lucy Clarke
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The cover to this book is GORGEOUS! I saw this book mentioned on Instagram the week it was published and I had to have it, own it, read it! It's more of 3.5 stars for me but overall a solid thriller if you like this genre, like me!

Eleanor, Robyn, Bella, Fen, Cynthia, and Ana travel to Greece for a hen party to celebrate their mutual friend/foe, Lexi. The writing is good with such a strong atmospheric vibe - if you want to go to Greece and can't, read this book then you'll be there.

These women were SO catty. Some were childhood friends, some were new friends, some where shifty and they each had secrets somehow. It was a very slow read with a big action ending. Chapters were POV of each of the women and there were 2 women, I think Robyn and Ana, that I kept confusing when mentioned and Bella OMG Bella was SO annoying. My least favorite character. I didn't warm up to any of the characters so they could all go over a Greek cliff as far as I was concerned but it was a good story if not that original.

Def a book rec for someone who needs another summer book to add to the beach/pool bag!

View all my reviews

Comments