French Toast

My Mom made French Toast quite often when I was growing up. It remains one of my favorite breakfast meals and carries over to a dinner idea just as good. It's quite a simple thing to make but certainly can be kicked up to another level with a few other ingredients, like brown sugar and heavy cream! So when I saw that the new cookbook, MAGNOLIA TABLE VOLUME 2 by Joanna Gaines, included a recipe for French Toast then I surely had to give it a go.

I like to use Challah for French Toast; this eggy, yeast bread is a delicious base as it absorbs all the yummy ingredients perfectly.

This Saturday's brunch was quite decadent and delicious using this recipe. Oh my word, good eats! I was delighted to use only 1/2 the Challah and froze the rest for another brunch in our future.









Comments