Peace like a river


Virginia is the only place I have ever called home. I went away to college for awhile (yet in the same state) and then came back and never lived anywhere else. The Potomac River flows ever constant nearby and even though I can't see it from my home, I feel its steady rythm, its comfort in my being. 

I pass this river many times a day, a week, a month, a year and the views never get old. The picture above was taken at dusk on the last day of August. The very last evening of August, summer 2018. The current was swift and it reminded me of how life rapidly ebbs along. Stumbling over itself at times, hitting obstacles along the way and then at other times, smoothly moving along. Time is precious. Fragile. Always going forward. As the water moves in its favoried direction, so do we follow our path. 

Comments