St. Cloud Scarf

One Sunday afternoon earlier this month, I went to my local yarn shop in search of worsted weight yarn. It was very, VERY cold that week {windchills in the minuses} and I wanted to cast on something new. Something cozy. Something warm! I had recently finished using Blue Sky Fibers Woolstok worsted for a hat and thought I'd get some more of that brand. In the nearby yarn cubby, there was De Rerum Natura Gilliat {worsted} which I had used before in a shawl and loved. The colors in the line are divine and that was calling to me. Loudly. I still didn't know what I wanted to do with the yarn and wouldn't you know there were several patterns on the shelf to tempt. One being the St. Cloud Scarf. I immediately knew I wanted to knit it in this French yarn. I selected 3 balls of Gilliat in colorway Ciel. The pattern is super simple and all garter stitch. It is an overpriced pattern {in my opinion} yet worth it. Becauase this scarf is basic beauty. 


I am nearly finished! On the third ball of yarn and it's mightly long. I think I'll make the tassels in grey. I can't wait to wear it. If you are in search of this beautful yarn, my LYS is a stockist for De Rerum Natura yarn so get in touch there!

Comments