Christmas is coming!

December has started swiftly here! The first Sunday in Advent was yesterday and the children in my Kindergarten Sunday School were already brimming with excitement for the season. That one hour every week usually seems like four; how easily I can forget how quickly this age can go from sharing the scissors to painting his or her face with a glue stick. My own youngest is 10 and days of crafttime chaos have long gone, well, in that way.

We got our Christmas tree! It smells wonderful and while not all the ornaments are on it yet, the lights aglow at night transport me to childhood and I could sit hours with the view.


I heard the bells on Christmas Day
Their old, familiar carols play,
And wild and sweet,
The words repeat
Of peace on earth, good-will to men.
-Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Comments