22 April 2017

used book sale haul on a rainy Saturday morning

It was a very rainy morning, a very rainy afternoon ... and then it let up around dinnertime. I ventured to a used book sale about 30 minutes away mid-morning and all the way there, I kept hoping it was worth it. The rain was miserable and the traffic in said rain was extra miserable. But the used book sale meeting me on the other end was worth the travel time. All the books they had were perfectly categorized and I was thrilled to see they were all gently used books with no library books in the lot. I think it's annoying when you go to a used book sale and find library marked copies of book for sale - it happens and I've bought some but certainly finding a reader's book is the desire.

This evening, I uploaded a short video on my book haul so I hope you enjoy! We had a soggy soccer game to sit through this afternoon so it was a long day ... thus my tired mood in the video. I was giddy over these new books to my shelves. 

// Happy Reading //

4 comments:

  1. Good haul Tanya! I donate tons of books to the Reston Library - either for their shelves or for the sales. I have another two big bags to take over soon. Many of the books I donate are in hardback - and they all look like they have not been read!

    Linda in VA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! I went this afternoon to my regional library as they have a sale upstairs on Sundays ... got 3 books - more loot! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is always fun to get books at bargain prices - especially when they are in good shape!

      Linda

      Delete