sugar plum 'Valentine' shawl


I keep thinking about all the knitting and stitching time I'd have if it would only snow here!!! - and force us to hibernate for a few days. Our friends to the North have a blanket of snow and more on the way. We've seen nary an inch this winter yet! I'm still hoping we have some snow in our few remaining weeks of winter but who knows. 

I did manage to finish a knitting project this week and it was a complete delight to knit. I had seen the design, Sugar Plum Shawl, when Mina first released it but only when I saw it on a recent Stress Knits Podcast and knew I had to make one mine. Funny when we can see a design in person, or in this case, on the screen in full flowing action then we can connect with it all the more. The yarn, whilst not a dream to knit with, was a must in this limited edition colorway, 1600 Pennsylvania. It is a Rustic Fingering weight from Neighborhood Fiber Co. and honestly the color is stunning, truly. I used almost the entire skein and am very pleased with how it blocked. It will be lovely to wear for upcoming Valentine's Day!

Comments