yarn & onion rings

A brand new year! 2017. Amazing, this time thing.

I haven't posted here in too long. Anyone still reading? Drop me a note in the comments and let me know what you've been up to. I aim to be more regular on the blog again as I've missed blogging very much.

For a New Year's Day cast on, I had picked the Cozy Shlanket MKAL design by Mina Philip, so on New Year's Eve, I scooted over the my LYS and picked out these lovelies:


Brooklyn Tweed Shelter 'Worsted' in colorways (left to right): 
Fossil
Postcard
Homemade Jam

I managed to complete Clue No 1 by midnight yesterday and I'm giddy over how it is working up. It was a rainy morning here so the picture doesn't show the yarn's beauty ... trust me ... swoonworthy! Clue No 2 released on Sunday, so I'm ready.


Tonight we had burgers and I fixed oven baked onion rings to accompany the simple menu. They were very simple and very tasty. I'll surely make them again.

:: Before ::

:: After ::

BAKED ONION RINGS (easily doubled)
recipe from http://www.lecremedelacrumb.com

1 large sweet onion
1/3 cup flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
2 cups panko breadcrumbs
2 eggs + 2 Tablespoons water
nonstick spray

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line baking sheet with foil and spray heavily with nonstick spray.
Peel off the outermost layer from the onion and discard. Cut off the ends and slice the rest of onion into thick rings. Separate the rings and palce in a bowl of water. 
Place panko crumbs in a medium bowl. In a second bowl, stir flour, salt, and chili powder. In a third bowl, whisk together the eggs and water.
Take one onion ring and toss it in the flour, being sure to coat well. Next, dip it in the egg mixture, being sure to coat all sides. Lastly, toss the ring in the panko crumbs to coat. Place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining onion rings.
Spray the rings with nonstick spray - this makes them extra crispy! Bake onion rings for 15 minutes until golden brown. 
Enjoy!

Comments

Mary Schreiner said…
The onion rings look amazing! If I can put my projects down long enough, I'm going to have to make them. My only resolution for the year is to be creative as much as possible. I'm going to log my creative accomplishments daily and see how I do. Creativity is one way that I can truly be at peace and relax my mind from the everyday worries. All the best to you this new year!
gracie said…
Oh I am happy to see a post from you
Sounds like you're on a whirl with your projects which is a good thing!! :) Isn't a New Year wonderful to get us motivated to do just that ... log your creative accomplishments, yes!! Knitting and being creative is my way of reducing stress, absolutely. Have a wonderful January.
thank you!! happy to be back here xx
Happy New Year! I am looking forward to your future posts. :)
Nancy Reed said…
Working on an Antarktis shawl, a wool project, multiple quilting projects and cross stitch projects. It never stops!!!
Thank you // hope your New Year is already off to great things!
ooooh that's a beautiful pattern // happy knitting!