a tree and sweet potatoes

A few years back, my Mom gifted me Northern Knit Gifts: Thoughtful Projects inspired by Folk Traditions. It has gorgeous Estonian, Scandinavian, Icelandic ... you get the idea ... designs and I rediscovered it the other day. There is a lacy scarf that is comprised of mainly eyelets but at both ends is to be worked two tree motifs. I immediately thought one would be sweet knit up on its own. I think it took 15 minutes to knit so chances are I'll be making more. Don't know what I'll do with them - they are too lacy/holey to be a blanket ... anyone have an idea? A few strung together in some kind of garland would be nice for Christmas or maybe sewn into a little pillow but I want the lacy bits to show so not sure about stuffing it ... I welcome your thoughts!


I have been craving sweet potatoes! Since I'm the only one mad crazy for them, I concocted my own baking dish of this yummy, topped with fat marshmallows. I think it's cooled down for me to eat now!!!

Comments